PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

galbreath

Lurker
Oct 7, 2013
I bought a Vincenzo Italian Pipes 227 today for 35 new, does anyone know about this company or the pipes they produce? I can't find thing on the internet about them.

galbreath

Lurker
Oct 7, 2013
I just fired this little guy up for the first time today. I did call Old Morris in BC to find out more about the pipe and learned they are in the 50 - 300$ range. So, I know I got a great deal.
I was impressed while smoking. I believe it is now my favorite pipe. I used Brighams Solitude for the first bowl and it was a perfect match. As small as the pipe is, it never got hot. I recommend this pipe for anyone looking for a 4.5 inch pipe to enjoy on walks. I think I will pick up another Vincenzo as they have a great feel and look.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Vincenzo pipes are a line imported from Italy by GVA out of Montreal. Likely associated with Brigham's overseas manufacturing as a budget brand to Brigham. I have one myself and it is a decent little smoker but it has a p-lip which is tough to get used to. I believe they're being marketed in Canada only at the moment.

islandpipeman

Lurker
Sep 25, 2014
Vincenzo pipes are indeed made in Italy but they have nothing to do with Brigham.

The pipes are being made for Distribution GVA in Montreal.

They have quite a few pipes under the Vincenzo name; small pipes, Parma series, Firenze series, Fiamma de Ri series and Churchwardens.

Plus they have their own pipe tobaccos under the Vincenzo name of course; 4 aromatics and 2 english blends.

statelymaner

Lurker
Dec 15, 2014
I'm just in the process of braking in a Vincenzo churchwarden. good looking pipe with a great feel, the draw is a bit on the free and open side and I have to be gentle on the puffing. Filter free design the draw hole looks like it will take a metal saliva catcher but that's it.

the polished finish is just a little on the sticky side after a smoking, not sure if it's been over polished or they used cheap polish.

quality on the briar would be a 3.5 out of 5 and the workmanship a 4 out of 5.

I would highly recommend dressing the bowl before using it for the first time, it has a coating but....

don't waste your money on the Vincenzo tobacco, they smell great in the tin but no flavor in the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.