PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Want to wish all my Canadian brothers an enjoyable Victoria Day long weekend. I plan to fire up the smoker and BBQ some ribs. Beer and pipes will also be involved.
Cheers,
Dean

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Growing up, I lived a short boat ride from Victoria, BC and, until about 15 years of age, four of the five channels we received on the antenna were Canadian. So, happy Victoria Day everyone!!!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I used to have a friend at work, a Maori from New Zealand, who was also a geneticist who edited

a scientific journal. He later returned to New Zealand to head a university with mostly Maori

students. He was not so keen on the Victoria Day festivities there. He didn't remember the

UK connection in such a good light.

Dec 24, 2012
Well, I'm Irish (a duel citizen of Ireland and Canada), so I'm not so keen on the UK connection either. But the Irish are a pragmatic people - call the holiday whatever you want, it's a free day to drink and cavort,lol.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Happy Victoria Day to all my Canadian brothers.
Smoking my pipe & drinking wine on the deck with the wife tonight. Going to Boston in 3 weeks, then moving to our new house at the end of June, so we are keeping it low key this year.
CHEERS!!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Man, I just want to catch up on sleep this weekend. Between allergies (putting the kibosh on lunting), work stress (always), hockey stress (Sens), basketball stress (Knicks), earthquake stress (5.2 this morning) and various other annoyances I'm in dire need of a long sleep and several naps. Even as I type this, I'm wide awake and the allergies are hitting again...
So the plan for Her Majesty Queen Victoria's long weekend is sleep x10, and I WILL have my pipe at some point.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Yup, it is nice to have a 3 day weekend! Wife works all weekend so I have 3 days to myself. Just gonna take it easy and recoup from a hard week. Also nice to collect the $135.oo wages for Monday while NOT working. Gotta love the Stat Hollidays!

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Well, on the one hand: Down the British! Up the Republic!
On the other hand, Happy V Day to all our Canadian pipers.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Tomorrow, I'm driving down to Grand Forks, ND to pick up a BBQ. There's a liquor store named Happy Harry's with a new location that includes a humidor and proclaims "We now also carry an exciting selection of pipes, pipe tobacco, and pipe accessories at our south Grand Forks location. We would love to have you come in for a visit!"
I'll take one for the team and check it out. Hopefully it's not bags of RYO :)
Either way, I hope the rest of my weekend contains some BBQ'd meat, cold beers, and relaxing pipe smoking.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Up at my trailer for the long weekend, enjoying the beautiful scenery up in Buckhorn Ontario. For those not keen on the UK connection, happy May two four!!!!!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Just back from three days camping in a Provincial Park on Lake Erie, with days spent hiking and birding, and evenings around the campfire with my lovely lady. What a wonderful weekend.
Hope everyone else had an awesome long weekend.
Happy (early) Memorial Day to all you Yanks.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.