PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
To all that have served our country and the sacrifices that were made and are still being made, I would like to say THANK YOU!!!, I appreciate all that You have done and all that You continue to do. :clap:

nu2pipesjd

Lurker
Jul 7, 2011
Mass
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' up to and including their life.

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no

longer understand it. So let's Thank our Veterans and support our Troops for providing and defending the Freedom we enjoy every day.

Happy Veterans Day. Today I will smoke a bowl to honor all Veterans .

JD

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Humble thanks & sincere gratitude from across the pond.
My motto has always been, "Love, Respect, Honor & Support The Troops - Despise The Bastards On Both Sides Who Put Them There!"

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
REMEMBER!
image0011vfvfvf.jpg

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Thanks to all who have or are currently serving!
Aussielass, we've flown with the Royal Australian Air Force many times during joint exercises. Great group of guys, my thanks go out to them as this day is for them as well!

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Ooh yeah Juvat, they sure are great guys, been mates with a couple but sadly they all end up going off to work for Qantas due to the incredible salaries they offer them. Is it the same sort of deal over there?
Nearly died one day when an F1-11 pilot friend of mine, Ash Page, was at a funeral one week & it felt like the next week I'm flying interstate & the Hostie says, "On behalf of your Capt. Ashley Page", yup, it was him! Military one day, civvy the next!
Currently really good mates with one of our magnificent ADF Chopper Pilots, they're the guys I feel sorry for, damn things just keep falling outa the sky, crashing etc. I don't do choppers, hate the bloody things, especially those damn Robbos! Just watched a doco on The French Foreign Legion .... bloody hell, and I thought our SAS, Green Berets etc did it tough, nothing compares to what those dudes go through.
Stunning but gut-wrenching photo Doc = one thing I marvelled at in Lone Pine Cemetrary - Colonels buried next to gunners, then a Major, then a Private - there's no segregation in death & when I put my photos up in the Officers' Mess with such comment, they were taken down within minutes, pfft!

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Thanks and gratitude to all that have and are serving here and over there.

btw Di absailing out of a chopper is a bit hair-raising when there are those waiting to do you mischief (Algeria '57 to '61 2eme Regemant D'Infanrerie Legion D'Etranger )

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Thank you to all our veterans.
All gave some

Some gave all
It humbles me to think of the sacrifice & service of our veterans. We owe them so much, and our society thanks and honors them so little (IMO). I cannot even imagine the horrors faced by these brave men and women. From the bottom of my heart -- Thank You!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Thank you for your service Veterans, and your families for their struggles in your absence. I and my family truly appreciate the sacrifices made for our freedoms.

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Morlader, smiles at your sweet turn of phrase, forever the gentleman through and through is you, ".... those wishing to do you mischief" ... and I'll bet as soon as your asses hit that turf you did some serious mischief to them my good man!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thank you to all Veterans who have been and are in harm's way to protect our liberties.
Semper Fidelis U.S.M.C. 1977-1981
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nJPUD57L7c&feature=related

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
He heard the radio broadcast at lunchtime on Monday, along with the entire nation. That afternoon, he and his buddies visited the boss, said they'd be back when it was over, and packed up their desks. That Wednesday he was at the recruiting station. Not long after Christmas he was headed to basic in the deep South. He came back -- thank God -- after it was over. Thank you SGM Robert J. Kuntz, United States Army Air Corps., 1941 - 1945.

Status
Not open for further replies.