PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Here are two large Bari Wiking Handcuts. Both pipes are 8 inches long with 2 inch bowls.
BariVolcano.jpg

The Volcano has excellent straight grain around the bowl and fantastic birdseye on the broad base underneath.
BariHandcut.jpg

I love the way this pipe feels in the hand. It has a wonderful organic free form and I like the way the eye follows the shape.
These are, by far, the largest pipes I own. They are also the largest pipes I've ever seen in the wild.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I purchased both in 1984, but I don't remember what I paid. Good memory Haunted!
These are huge pipes. Both are a little over 8 inches long with a bowl depth over 2 inches and approximately an inch and half wide. I have smoked both for over 2 hours and then some, however I seldom do that anymore and find these do well with Va and Va/Per blends that I can set down and pick up later.
Its gives new meaning to an all day smoke. :D
I have looked on eBay for other large Bari Wiking pipes, but I've never seen any offered. I don't think Bari made many of these as they would have limited market appeal due to their size. I would certainly like to purchase some more. They are unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.