Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Very Frustrated

(6 posts)
  1. piperl12

piperl12

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have been chasing a flavour now for many years. It would be nice if I could give you a point of comparison but I can't. I have gotten whiffs of the smell, or taste that I am searching for in a tobacco called Black Cordial. Someone said it might be Cherry I was after. So I went out last week before I left on my trip and bought a pouch of Brigham Black Cherry and alas it was not the cherry flavour I was looking for. Nearest I could describe it smells rich and just a hint of spicy, but in a good way like a nutmeg. I wish I could better describe it. I remember the scent from my childhood when more people smoked pipes so my next step is to check out some of the old codger blends and see if that helps. Any blenders out there that might be able to assist I am open to suggestions.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. blueeyedogre

blueeyedogre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

MIXTURE NO. 79?

"Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong." - Corinthians 16:13
    "Let us be English or let us be French . . . and above all let us be Canadians." – Sir John A MacDonald
    "The world was to me a secret which I desired to divine." - Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. pipebow88

pipebow88

Login to Send PM

In my opinion, the problem is you are chasing a flavor from a smell you remember. That was the problem with aromatics for me, they smell great for everyone else, but the taste is far from the smell. finding a tobacco that tastes like a scent you remember I would say is edging on impossible.
    B

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

MOst of the cherry blends, from what I have heard, do not taste like cherry. It is more aromatic than flavor. There are some out there that are both. Sounds like you are looking for something with cherry and liquor. It is not my area of expertise. I heard Boswell's cherry blend(the name escapes me ATM) is good. Check this thread out for some info, this topic has been discussed before at length: Cherry Blends: The Ultimate Hit and Miss

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. gtclark

gtclark

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If it's a tobacco you remember people smoking many years ago, you might want to look at Paladin Black Cherry - I've never had it, but it's an old standard.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. bryanf

bryanf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Peter Stockebye Black Cherry.

Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   paulfg, boston, cjforshi, oldtoby, hauntedmyst, jiminks