PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
"Rooftop Dancers" is without doubt my most complex pic ever. I did it on commission for a magazine that folded before the illo could be published. It sold to a private collector who recently loaned the picture to me for scanning in preparation for printing. What do you think? BTW, if you look really hard, you can see the street below all the dancers

04_25_2014_email-size-390x600.jpg

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
You have a very unique style and are a very gifted illustrator.
Here is what it would look like if I drew the same:
StickMen.jpg

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Wow! Your best work yet, would like to see and HD version for the detail!

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
You have some sweet artwork, sparrow. I could definitely see using one of your drawings as the basis of a tattoo that i wouldn't mind putting on me. I like the black and gray and how much is going on in the scene. Good job, on all of your work...I am a fan.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
I've admired your work for some time now ... it's really an exceptional talent that you've got ... even among professional illustrators, you work stands head and shoulders above the herd ...
My own talent for this sort of thing is clearly lacking and is easily surpassed by that shown by conlejm (above) ...

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
Thats a interesting piece.Very nice artistic work.Beautifull art.Can't find the street yet.I'll try again.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I'll give you a hint; the street is to the right of the hem of the leaping lady dancer in the lower right quadrant. It's pretty small in this scale, however.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thank you everyone for the generous complements. I wish I could show you a larger reproduction here so you could see all the detail, but that is not to be until I set up my website in a few weeks. I'll let you know when that happens. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.