PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colin

Lurker
Oct 6, 2014
I have my grandfathers VTD pipe I do't know how old it is though I can remember him smoking it about 70 years ago. I would send a photo although I can't see where to include it on forum.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
You have to first host photos online. I use Imgur.com. Here's the sticky with detailed instructions:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/instructions-for-posting-pictures
Sorry I don't know anything about VTD pipes.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Yep, nothing comes up on the Net for VTD pipes. Do post a picture.
I've got several of my grandfather's pipes. He smoked Wally Franks and Falcons. Also have a Hiland's Eagle I he smoked. He obviously wasn't interested in pipe collecting. Pipes were just a tool used to burn his Prince Albert tobacco, the only tobacco I ever saw him smoke until the day he died at age 83. I still have a 1 lbs canister of it 3/4 full from 1994, the last one we bought for him.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
"I still have a 1 lbs canister of it 3/4 full from 1994, the last one we bought for him."
Tuold.... It's cool to have something like that. Ever have a bowl of it on his birthday?
tinner :clap:

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
mcitinner1 wrote:
It's cool to have something like that. Ever have a bowl of it on his birthday?
What a cool idea! He was born on August 24th, 1911. I'll mark it on my Google calender and light a bowl of Prince Albert in his own pipe! I don't really care for PA, so this is going to be quite a sacrifice :)

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Awww, that's a really cool way to celebrate and remember your father. A great connection to the past. I'm sure the smell will bring back memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.