PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisstigall

Lurker
Nov 18, 2015
Hey everybody, this is my first time post! I'm a fan of "modern" or unusual pipe designs and recently though about picking up a Vauen Quixx. http://www.cigarworld.de/bilder/detail/big/13063_29885_24171.jpg
Just wondering if anyone has tried one or can give some feedback on Vauen quality. Thanks!

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Didn't that used to be called the Pipoo?!?
I suspect the quality is fine. I have never heard any horror stories about Vauen pipes.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have three of their Auenland churchwardens. One which I have been forbidden from smoking until Christmas, but they smoke great. No Vauen complaints here.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm looking at Vauen's site now... they have some seriously unique pipes!
diamond_s.jpg

119.1385.jpg

quixx_1.jpg

riva-1.jpg

ito2.jpg

97.968.jpg

133.1514.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've always been intrigued with Vauen pipes. I think they are German made, and many or most are 9 mm filter pipes, so be sure you'd be happy with the filter or a no-filter adapter. Otherwise, I've always heard they fulfill the German reputation for workmanship and precision, and I like some of the avant guard shapes, better than most forays into futuristic designs.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Yeah the pippo is tiny. I think they make special little tobacco "blocks" you pop in so you can have a 10 minute smoke.

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
119.1385.jpg

WHOA. just WHOA. And unavailable.
I'm more of a traditional, simple pipe shape kind of guy (mainly straight billiards) but I vow RIGHT NOW never to stop searching until I can find one of these. Specifically in white and carbon fibre.
Good GOD!

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
Also, I purchased one of the original pippoos. The idea was nice, but the tobacco was crappy and way too tightly packed, so the draw was incredibly restricted. And by incredibly I mean just unsmokable, plugged-cigar tight. Scorched my tongue and nearly collapsed my lungs a few times then gave up. It's a shame, I don't know where it might be now... It'd be interesting to find for a quick smoke at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.