PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davedan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2015
Hi guys,
I really like the look of this pipe but it's a bit expensive! just wondering if it's all aesthetics or does it actually smoke well too? Anybody have any experience with this one?

Mar 1, 2014
http://www.smoke.co.uk/acatalog/Vauen-Auenland.html
They're less expensive if you know where to look, depending on the import process, but it's probably worth a shot.

Apparently it's possible to work your way through Amazon.de and ship stuff straight out of Germany if you're good with Google Translate.
Vauen makes a good pipe, though the draw on most of them is on the tight side as seems to be the preference in most of Europe. They still smoke fine that way as long as you don't have a particular preference on that subject. It's the polar opposite of smoking a Missouri Meerschaum Corncob.
Out of 5 Vauen pipes I've had one QC issue (a band came loose), but all the shaping and drilling is very well done.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have the Doran, Hugg and Friddo. Love all three, and will likely buy the other models.
PM SENT

davedan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2015
Just got the pipe delivered - pictures really don't do it justice! Why smoke in it? Just keep it...lol

reniaeats

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 4, 2014
United States
The Auenlands are unique, when it comes to the filter. It just sits in the pipe and can easily be thrown out. I really don't think it's necessary with these pipes. They are gorgeous, great smokers and really well constructed. I still can't figure out why Vauen doesn't have more notoriety in the USA, they make beautiful pipes and are much more consistent in their quality than many big name brands.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They can be smoked without the filter, but you can get 9mm adapters also. They smoke fine either way.

davedan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2015
I still can't believe how different it looks in flesh! There's so much detail! I don't wana smoke it lol! problem is now I want another Auenland :/

Status
Not open for further replies.