PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

birchman

Lurker
Dec 10, 2013
Hello, everyone. I am as fresh as fresh can get to the world of pipe-smoking. I just sat down after pouring a beer from a keg which has been in the fridge in a garage in sub-freezing temperatures for the better part of the past week…. which took a while…. and I got a wild hair. I have been into vape mods for the past couple of years and recently becoming acquainted with an avid pipe enthusiast piqued my curiosity. Knowing nothing of the practice other than the fact that it has been around for ages, I figured I might decide to pick up another (potentially expensive) hobby. Yes, I am on a pipe-smokers’ forum with no pipe, tobacco, or matches… just a Sigelei Zmax mod and some eliquid… :/

Anyway, I could browse and browse, I’m sure. I would appreciate anyone’s input (or even questions about vaping..?) on being a new guy and what’s good out there. Pipes? Tobacco? Blends? Rudiments? Places worth visiting in the Denver area?

The foam in the frozen-garage-fridge-beer is gone now! Here’s to anyone willing to give some advice to the PITA new guy!
Nick

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
There are as many opinions available here as there are active members of the forum ... all are worthy, most could prove to be ultimately helpful, but it's potentially an expensive experiment to follow dozens of hints, tips and suggestions ...
Drop into a local shop ... talk to the owner ... get some first hand suggestions and maybe even a few samples of the various products ... get a decent 'starter' pipe and add a corncob pipe from Missouri Meershaum ... you'll be able to evaluate various tobacco options and get an idea both of what you like AND what you don't ... what I like and dislike might be helpful, but maybe not ... our tastes don't necessarily coincide ...
here's a couple of suggestions for a local shop ...
Edwards Pipe and Tobacco

3441 S Broadway

Englewood, CO
http://www.edwardspipeandtobacco.com/
Cigar and Tobacco World

5227 Leetsdale Drive

Denver, CO
http://www.cigarandtobaccoworld.com/

birchman

Lurker
Dec 10, 2013
Thank you! I appreciate the recommendations and also I didn't remember the name of it but Edward's is the place I believe was recommended to me by the aforementioned enthusiast. I do have an odd question to add. What is your (or anyone else's) preferred method for carrying pipe and tobacco on the go?

Status
Not open for further replies.