PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslandCobFog

Lurker
Feb 28, 2014
Friday Harbor, WA
I was wondering if somebody could steer me in the right direction to find a flavorful blend os strong latakia and vanilla or if one even exists. Last night I was drinking a smoked vanilla porter and got to thinking it would make a pretty good smoke.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I've got se Sutliff Burma road on the way, I've not yet had it but it sounds really similar to what you are thinking. I'll let Yoj know when I try some. With the 20% off at P&C on Sutliff right now its a good quick buy.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm really curious about P&D's customized blends. You even get to name it! Im considering this one I made but as I'm so new, im fearful of how my ignorance would taste.

mzpuff

Lurker
Feb 13, 2013
Toronto
H&H Fusilier's Ration and 4noggins Brit's Balkan both have a vanilla topping (although quite light) on a great Balkan base. They have plenty of Latakia and some great Orientals. Both are superb blends.

IslandCobFog

Lurker
Feb 28, 2014
Friday Harbor, WA
Will order those on my next TAD. I tried mixing macbaren vanilla creme flake with latakia flake this evening... it was well interesting. Not bad but not quite right. I think instead of 50/50 i need to limit the vanilla a little more.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Grab some bulk and try your own blend. I tend to be overly sensitive to Latakia so all I need is the smallest amount to make a big showing in anything I'm smoking. To much and all I taste is campfire so I've started adding small pinches of BHT to a straight Burley or Virginia when I'm feeling the urge of Lat.

kaboom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
As said above, Perfection is a Lat-heavy blend with a vanilla topping.
I've heard people say its a lighter version of commonwealth topped with vanilla. Those that like it swear by it.

mikegun

Lurker
Oct 7, 2011
Colorado
Burma Es is a great blend, crossover that is, latakia with a little rum and vanilla, very smooth no bite at all, i smoke it all day and never tire of it as i do with sweeter blends

mikegun

Lurker
Oct 7, 2011
Colorado
Burma road is a great blend, crossover that is, latakia with a little rum and vanilla, very smooth no bite at all, i smoke it all day and never tire of it as i do with sweeter blends

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Pasha's Dream is a good one.
https://m.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/cornell-diehl/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=138741

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Perfection by Samuel Gawith

Northwoods by Boswell

And perhaps even Shortcut to Mushrooms by Just For Him.
Good to see you posting again N8. How are you?

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Why don't you give "Vauen No. 22 English Blend & Vanilla" a shot. I bought a tin on a whim two years ago, but still haven't cracked it. The description is intriguing and may be up your alley.
Vauen: English Blend Vanilla 50g
Vauen No. 22 English Blend & Vanilla is a creamy English crossover, blended from smokey Latakia, black Cavendish, golden Virginia, and just a pinch of Burley for spice, then lightly topped in vanilla and bourbon for a touch of extra sweetness.

Status
Not open for further replies.