PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm taking a vacation from pipe smoking. I had some oral surgery where a crown and old (25 or 30 years) root canal broke off during a dental cleaning. They'd warned me, and I'd chosen to "monitor" the situation. My fault, if there is fault. After that, the little enamel spurs snagged my tongue, even after the dentist filed them down. The oral surgeon was good, quick and reassuring with continual explanation of what he was doing. Both leading up to and now after, I'm letting the capillaries do their job reconstructing my gum line. No incision or stitches needed, just dividing the surface burrs and easing out the roots. I'm back to solid food (on the off side) after a few days. A pipe I'd packed sits wistfully in a crockery bowl. The pause doesn't seem to torment me; I don't think nicotine is a problem for me. But it will be nice when I can again have a bowl every day or two.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
You're dealing with this wisely. It's always best to offer every advantage to any healing process.
That doesn't mean you have to go anywhere. You can always pick up a contact buzz here ... :wink:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Don't worry, the doc removed some old molar roots, not my jabbering inclinations. Thank you for your good wishes.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Hopes for a speedy recovery. I've been on a three month vacation myself, its not a misery but, like you, I would enjoy a bowl of red Virginia.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Tom, wishing you a speedy recovery. I feel your pain. A few years ago I had a tooth with an old root canal break resulting in having that tooth pulled. There was no way to save it.
Keep posting while on "vacation"...I always enjoy your posts.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
<p>I have had 3 crowns and a root canal in the past 2 years. I’m sick and tired of teeth

trudger

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
Take care of your chompers MSO and a speedy recovery. I love the “self monitoring” haha, my brother dated a nurse once so I’m just like a doctor!

Status
Not open for further replies.