PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
I had a tin of Orlik Golden Sliced that I smoked and right at the end of the tin I had a break through and really enjoyed the last 2 bowls, I also have Butera Kingfisher a Va/Per/Bur and I'm enjoying that now. I'm looking to make a tobacco order soon and I would like to include several samples of the bulk Va blends. I normally smoke heavy English blends and really like the subtly and sweetness of Va's for a change of pace. I hope for some suggestions of good Va or Va/per bulk blends you think I should try. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Jul 12, 2011
Not bulk but I like Dunhill Flake (my fav morning smoke w/coffee),

I also like the Peterson UF, Solani Silver Flake, Rattray's Marlin Flake, any

Of the SG V flakes and of course MC blends make fantastic VAs...

Also Escudo for VaPer as well

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
My favorite VaPer so far is McConnell's Black Parrot, and SG FVF is a very nice VA flake. You should check them out if you can find them in the US :)

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
MY favorite VA's

Rattray's Old Gowrie, Marlin Flake

SG's Full Virginia Flake... If you lucky enough to have some stashed away.

Orlik Golden Sliced

Dunhill Flake

McClelland's Blackwoods Flake, Christmas Cheer, Dark Star
My favorite VaPer's

Peter Heinrich's Special Curly

Park-Lane's Red Paramour

Escudo

Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake

H&H Louisiana Red
When it comes to bulk blend it's hard to beat Peter Stokkebye, John Patton(tiltjlp)blends at 4noggins, Hearth & Home blends at Pipes and Cigars, and last but not least Park-Lanes House Blends.
I hope this helps.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
My recommendation for VA's: Orlik Golden Sliced

My recommendation for VaPer: Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake
For buying a blend in bulk, it's hard to do better than Peter Stokkebye
:puffpipe:

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
gecko13: IIRC OGS actually contains some Perique. Just sayin' ;)
edit: obligatory source: http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/kevins-blog/orlik-golden-sliced-update-no-burley-yes-perique/

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Right now I'm smoking SG Grousemoor for the first time. I added it to my last order thinking it was a straight Va. Boy was I mistaking! I don't have an opinion on it yet, all I say it is far from anything I've smoked before.

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
I am new to VAs but i tried golden slice the other night and loved the taste of it but it made me feel pretty nauseous and sick. I loved the after taste of it too but not so sure it was worth the sick feelings. Any one have any experience on this?? any suggestions on others to try that might be easier on the stomach??

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
Thank you for the recommendations! I really appreciate the input. I just placed an order of PS Luxury Navy Flake, Rattray's Marlin Flake, C&D Night Train and Bayou Morning.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
My local B&M carries Peterson's blends, Escoudo, and Dunhill so next time I'm there I'll be sure to grab a tin or 2.

Jul 12, 2011
@johnnyxpipe=make sure you dry that Marlin Flake real good (I usually dry anywhere up to 12hrs no less than 3-4hrs in low humidity at around 68F) and it will smoke like a dream, if not it will steam/mute to nothing worth smoking.. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.