PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
What are your top 5 favorites that you can buy currently.

Mine was Dunhill, now OGS & ODF & Escudo

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Anxious to try SG Full Virginia Flake. Wonder when sponsors will get it back in stock.

Thanks!

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
PS Luxury Navy Flake, Esoterica Brighton (kinda rubbed out), OGS, ES 4th Gen 1855. My tastes prefer bright, dried fruit and hay - like warm afternoon summer sunshine.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake, Wessex Classic Virginia, Astley’s 109, John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake, and while not technically a flake, Sutliff Crumble Kake Red Virginia. Honorable mention to SG Best Brown, and FVF, Capstan blue, and Marlin Flake.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
GL Pease Fillmore is a good one as well, even if it is a bit more of a broken flake.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Anxious to try SG Full Virginia Flake. Wonder when sponsors will get it back in stock.

Thanks!
I recently got into VA flakes, and am finding them to be the pinnacle of pipe tobacco smoking. No snobbery intended, I also smoke English blends and the occasional aromatic, plus probably 2/3 or more of my pipe smoking is codger blends in corncob pipes.
I will say that my first bowl of FVF was somewhat disappointing because I was excited to smoke it and did not dry it out enough first. Be sure to dry it well, and it will deliver a great smoke. It is restocked every few months it seems, and it goes fast, but not like esoterica blends. You'll be able to get some if you are diligent.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Gawith FVF, Escudo, Wessex Dark Flake, F&T Cut Blended Plug and...pretty much any Stokkebye flake.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Different, smoke ODS several times everyday & never associated cigarette'ish with it.
Thanks for all the suggestions!!

That will keep me busy for a while.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I'd like to add some German houses to the mix.

HU Haymaker

Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster

Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug

Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake

HU Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.