PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

willwoodbine

Lurker
Nov 30, 2012
Found this on a market stall in York...£15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please excuse the excess above, but I feel its is rather ness.

What is more exciting it I didnt even open it up and look before I bought it, so I have just got home and thought I would take pictures as I explore this fantasic find, it only got better as I went!
DSCF0014.jpg

As I got it....
DSCF0015.jpg

the door appears to work....always encourageing
DSCF0017.jpg

Suprise one: I only thought that there was one pipe...tom cobley, Bewley thirty 139, falcon international. The falcon is brown rather than the standard black and has A D carved into the plain silver part
DSCF0019.jpg

rather nice ceramic jar
DSCF0020.jpg

biggest suprise...its full!!! It is perfectly smokable (need re-hydrating i think but hey ho) but of an unknown origon and age! I tried some in my cob, all I can definatley say it umph hello nicotine...I might try and swap this for something a bit milder on here. There is just over 2oz

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Lets see. For less than 24 bucks U.S. you got a drop dead gorgeous old fashioned tobacco stand, a beautiful ceramic tobacco pot, and three pipes - two being a Bewlay and a Falcon?
What a fabulous score!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Paraphrasing Pipedia here: Bewlay was a chain of pipe shops in the UK and their branded burners were blanks from Charatan, Barling and Loewe.
http://pipedia.org/wiki/Bewlay

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Congratulations! I love hearing about good fortune for the people on this forum. Thanks for the story.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Very nice find, and even better suprise... Congrats and Enjoy!! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.