PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I ordered a Dr. Grabow Royalton from tobaccopipes.com and it shipped on Sept. 29, according to USPS tracking, and left Tampa Fla on Sept. 30 "for its destination." The expected delivery date was Oct. 2, yesterday. I think tobaccopipes.com free shipping is first class, and these days that can take up to a week, so I suspect I need only wait, but I am interested that the tracking has not progressed since Sept. 30. Usually, this system notes each stop along the way, the package's arrival in Raleigh and the day it is out for delivery. I'm not used to the cessation of signals. We'll see what happens. My sister recently sent me a birthday package that was misdirected to Pennsylvania for unknown reasons. It was correctly addressed. Next possible arrival, Monday Oct. 5. We'll see what happens. I have been somewhat in awe of this system in the past; now I am puzzled.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
I recently did two trades here, one to Texas and one went to Canada. I shipped USPS first class. Both times I sent my parcel a day before the other fella. Both times my package was received a couple days after their package arrived here. Needless to say USPS is a bit slow sometimes. I say wait till mid week next week, if you still don't have a pipe I'd raise an alarm.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
MSO you might get lucky like I was. I mailed a package to WI from St Louis a while back, and it mistakenly got put on a southbound truck. It took an extra three days of waiting for the next scan, before the tracking told me the package was in Louisiana. Then it started north finally. :roll:

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
This is not unusual. I work as a customer service rep for several fortune 500 companies. In the course of a week I take several calls in which a customer's tracking shows little to no movement. I'm not sure what causes this to happen, but most often the package gets delivered. Once, a purchase I made from P&C showed NO TRACKING for nearly a week. The morning of the day it was delivered, there was still no tracking. BUT after it was delivered, I decided to again check the tracking. POOF... tracking showed every bar and honky-tonk my package stopped at along the way.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
UPS delivered a package to me while it was still showing it was in Boise. It still had stops in Salt Lake and then Louisville before heading for Anchorage. It was a 2d day, made it on day two. Apparently it moved too fast for the UPS computer.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
Sometimes the updates on shipment get stuck at a facility. If it's over the delivery time estimate find someone to yell at. I have use PNC with their 2-3 day from monday its always here wednesday but the updates are usually behind 24 hours.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good news! After days of no change in the tracking, the item is now shown arriving in Raleigh at around 2 p.m. today, Sunday. So it seems logical that it might turn up in my mailbox tomorrow or Tuesday. I'll believe it when I see it, but things are definitely looking up. I will report when/if it arrives. Since the originating hub was Tampa, it is quite possible the weather caused some back-up with air freight. I chose the no-cost shipping and was surprised when they proposed an October 2 arrival, so no harm done.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
Glad to hear it! Believe it or not, there is some reliability in the mail. Sure enough saying that I will have a delayed order next time ;) On PnC the shipping is only a few dollars more for the 2-3 day, worth it to me....not the next day...that is crazy.
I understand completely the frustration though! Waiting for a package always kills me. If only I could forget about it after ordering. Instead, order on Friday; then I anxiously wait until Wednesday. The second time I had it delivered my 4 year old niece I care for every day of the week was more exited than I was. Not only was she wanting to see what I got, but also there are large packing bubbles for her to pop. She ran to the door faster than I could! So there are enjoyable aspects here if you look for them.
As a side note, I have explained to her not to mess with tobaccos and pipes. So, don't take this as her being encouraged with tobacco. Though she does always want to smell the tin to see if it stinks or not; but has never grabbed one!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I ordered a product the other day that shipped first class from California. Normally anything sent priority will arrive in about 2-3 days from California, but with first class shipping it took 8 days to arrive. I could have drove to California and back in a day to retrieve the product. I'm not sure why it has to take so long, but it does. It could have been worse... it could have been sent parcel post which would have taken about 2 weeks. LOL

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
You really can't put much weight into the tracking locations as the tracking information is only as good as the people who bother to scan the package as it moves. If a package suddenly looks as though it isn't moving doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My Dr. Grabow Royalton pot arrived Oct. 5 instead of the original Oct. 2 projected as the arrival date, and given the weather, that's good. It's a good looking pipe, light weight, ample bowl, and handsomely finished. One of the well-crafted American factory pipes. Thanks to the folks in Sparta, N.C., and the retailer at our sponsor tobaccopipes.com. I'll report on some other post about how it smokes. If it's anything like its "brother," the bulldog, it should be a good one.

P

pipebuddy

Speaking of USPS, Woodsroad has the best USPS story ever, when he decided to send condorlover some tobacco. I'm not even sure if the tobacco made it to destination or if Rich from 4Noggins had to send out the order again anthen deal with USPS. :rofl:

P

pipebuddy

Bloody damnation I'm logged in as pipebuddy instead of Guyrox. 8O

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I once got logged in as Donald Trump.

Talk about being surprised, much less being pissed off!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
That would be FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost. This is when either of the two couriers deliver the package to your local USPS office for final delivery. However, this method is not is not in any way shape or form the norm, albeit it is a cheaper alternative for the retailer to send a package. Either way, I've not yet had any issues whatsoever with both of these shipping methods used by both FedEx and UPS thus far.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
This is when either of the two couriers deliver the package to your local USPS office
This is how every order I've made at P&C has come to me, and it's slow because the last two days it sits at the UPS building.

Status
Not open for further replies.