PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So my buddy is a Captain in the Marine Corps and his birthday is the same day as the Marine Corps Birthday, November 10, 1776. He is a veteran and has served all over, he also lost his broter in law in Afghanistan who was also a marine so this pipe is dedicated to them and their service, as well as all of the soldiers serving us around the world. Here is a phto journey of the process and the fnished product. I hand made the pipe and stem. Ejames made the tamper for me out of an aerosphere pipe, and the Smoking Dragon made the Custom Cob. I got the box at my local B&M and put some felt in the bottom to protect the pipes. Here it is.
Drilling the block

image-1.jpg

Pre-shaped block

image-18.jpg

Pipe after inital shaping and sanding

image-4.jpg

Stem after turning the tenon and first accents

image-19.jpg

Initial shaping of stem and button is cut

image-21.jpg

Stem coming along

image-22.jpg

waxed the bowl and stained the top

image-24.jpg

And here she is, after the stem has been bent

image-16.jpg

image-15.jpg

image-11.jpg

The box

image-10.jpg

The Set

image-9.jpg

image-25.jpg

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
That is either one huge chunk of briar or you've got real tiny hands. :lol: Great job! :clap:

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
What a honor to have a friend like you! I hope to someday carve a pipe for a friend. I just need to learn how to do it. :?

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
OMG, That is the most amazing piece of work for a Marine friend that I have ever seen. Damn what a long time coming. Supurb work plus a presentation case. Simply amazing, I am in awe!

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Nice! Great looking pipe and great gesture. This world good use more Americans like yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.