Used pipes sold by Kilogram - saddening to see.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
$_57.JPG

:|

Found this on the internet and it is a bit sad to see these pipes not because they were in bad shape but because at least every pipe was at least partially crafted by hand in the first place.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Huh, interesting, one never knows what one will find in a box like that. In the lower right hand corner, I'm seeing an Oom Paul with a Sterling band and a white dot on the stem...

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
Huh, interesting, one never knows what one will find in a box like that. In the lower right hand corner, I'm seeing an Oom Paul with a Sterling band and a white dot on the stem...
top left there looks to be a Peterson with the silver cap ;)

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
That is where my eyes went, too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Who's selling these by the kilogram, and how much are they asking? It looks like an ebay seller's dream. For those who are set up to do it, those could be modestly cleaned and sold for hundreds or more in a few months, don't you think?

menuhin

Oct 21, 2014
Dear all,
It's an eBay auction

http://www.ebay.de/itm/pfeife-pipe-zum-aufarbeiten-/351344898758?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item51cdc9b2c6
I originally also thought I may be able to find some nice pipes there, however, upon looking into the seller who is also selling individually restored pipes per other individual auctions, then I think the chance to have some nice pipes from renowned makers in this box will be quite slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.