Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2014
I've never been one to keep cotton balls, but there are always ob tampons laying around. The pipe didn't need a deep cleaning, but some Haunted Bookshop left a taste I just couldn't stand. So, I fluffed up a tampon, put it in some quality vodka, then shoved it in. It got rid of the ghost, got a little brown all over from the light use it has seen, and came out very easily ;)

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I like the idea of only cleaning my pipes once a month. This technique certainly has possibilities.
Oh..I see what you did there...NICE...VERY NICE.
I wonder if the pipe is really bitchy during the process? What about the week prior to the treatment? Does it not smoke very well and give you a lot of problems? :evil:

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
...there are always ob tampons laying around...

I thought I read there are always old tampons laying around, lol.
But great job improvising, very creative! I'm sure they are more absorbent than cotton balls. On top of that you can just pull it by the string to get it out. This might be a game changer.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Great improvisation! Personally, I wouldn't be able to get past the cost difference. A bag of 200 cotton balls is a dollar at my local grocery store. I don't know the cost of a pack of tampons and am not interested in looking it up, but I've got to believe that they are a little more expensive than half-a-cent per unit.
However, The image of a stereotypical older gentleman pipesmoker going through a check-out line with several boxes of tampons is quite amusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.