PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
Hey guys,
Been a while and I have a question. I recently came across a Ural meerschaum pipe, and on a whim bought it. I know basic information about meerschaums, but could not find much information on Ural. From what I can gather, Ural is the name of a US distributor that has some relationship with Baki. Anyone have any information or experience with this brand? I haven't smoked it yet (honestly a bit nervous since meers have always seemed so frail to me. Picked it up for $40 so I don't think I'll have broken the bank if I got swindled.
--Randy

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I believe Fikri Baki normally signs all of his pipes...so if it has his name on it, you got an incredible deal. If not, I don't know...any chance of posting a pic?
EDIT: I do know that Deniz Ural is a very reputable dealer and provides great customer service. If the pipe's in good shape, I suspect you got a great deal if it came from him originally, even if it's not a Baki.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
Yeah I know Baki normally signs them. I was just reading that Deniz is a dealer in the US that works with him. Wasn't necessarily thinking it was a baki. Photobucket is giving me lip right now. Let's see if I can get the pictures on here. Using a different image host. Sorry for the quality as I took them on my phone.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
From the looks alone, I'd say you did well. Nice meer!
+1 ... That looks like a steal for $40. If it smokes well and the engineering is good, you really got a great deal imo. Congrats.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Wow, $4o bucks is a score. I paid much more for my Baki pipes (thru Ural, super smooth process, received pipes within two days). I think the pipes are signed F.Baki on the stems.

Congratz.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Ya' know, if you should see another meer of that ostensible quality for $40 and you don't have, give a holler!

jerry

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 2, 2009
Western Massachusetts
Deniz Ural has been in the meerschaum business for many years, selling pipes from numerous carvers. Now he does specialize in pipes crafted by Fikri Baki. If you send him an email with pictures of your pipe, he might be able to tell you who carved it.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
if you ever decide you don't like it, I'll gladly double your investment 8)
A Baki Meer. is next on my "to get" list.
I actually sent Deniz an email a short while ago with details on what I want made, to see if it is possible to have created by Mr. Baki.

Status
Not open for further replies.