PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I am up visiting with my Dad. He lives in IL and I live in Ga. Nashville is about half way in between so when I drive through I stop in at Uptown's Smoke shop. It is a great tobacconist with a healthy selection of house blends, tins, new and estate pipes, and accessories. They have free wifi and lots of comfy chairs. I normally stop and smoke a bowl or two and maybe buy a tin of something I haven't had before. It is a little out of my way but always worth a stop. I drove through yesterday. The guy said they were having a Peterson show today with the rep there, discounts on pipes, and every Peterson blend out for sampling. They have a few new blends and they all look interesting. I got to talking to him about them and he says, "I appreciate you stopping here on your way through, let me bag up a couple bowls of each blend for you since you won't be here for the show." I figured he was going to give me a bowl or two of each of the three new blends, but after awhile he hands me a brown lunch sack full of baggies. He gave me about 2 bowls of every blend Peterson makes and a bowl of an Ashton English crossover. I was blown away. I had already bought a tin of Hamberger Veermeister, but after smoking a bowl of the sample of Irish Flake I got a tin of that too. Looking forward to working my way through these.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Me smoking a bowl at Uptown's. This was the first bowl I've had in this pipe, Estate Sherlock Holmes Peterson I picked up recently. Smoking the HV.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
what a great tobacconist indeed... I think I will have to seek that place out the next time I am going from MO to Knoxville.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
I always stop in when I am in town on biz. I usually get there 2-3 times a year. The manager, Marcus is a great guy (and also a Red Sox fan!!!!!) good to hear that they hooked you up!

Status
Not open for further replies.