PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
OK, I admit I am not a techie. The fact that I bought an iPad and can actually use it is remarkable. I was able to upload pictures when I used my digital camera, laptop, and photobucket. Now I prefer to use the iPad for pictures, they're clearer. My problem is that I have no idea how to upload form the iPad. Any help is appreciated.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Where were you uploading your photos to? This site or a hosting site, like photobucket? As far as I can tell, this site will not allow you to upload a photo to your album from an iPad. You can circumvent that restriction by using a photo hosting site, then linking to the photo on the photo hosting site. I do that anyways, because it allows me to upload larger photos, and the photos stay under my control.
I use Fotki to host my pix that I post here, but there are lots of other good photo hosting sites out there. I believe there have been more than a few threads here discussing their relative merits.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I am either on my iPad or iPhone while on this site. Photobucket is simple, the app is even easier to use than the website version. Just click on the IMG code and it will automatically copy it for you.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Well I got the Photobucket app and uploaded my pictures, even edited them. But for some reason after IMG copying, when I go to paste, only the word IMG shows up, not the normal stuff. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Suggestions?

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
That is odd... I really have no clue what the problem is. Maybe close out the app completely and try again?

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Thanks for the advice! It pointed me in the right direction and after several non productive trys, I've got it!
You were right Red, I needed to close it and re-open it.
Thanks again.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.