PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

transpose

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
Hi again from the newbie. This seems like such a silly question, but how do I upload a pic? Do I have to post it somewhere first then link to it? I have some old tobacco I need other’s opinions on. Thanks!

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
The single most difficult thing about pipe smoking is learning how to post a picture here. I have finally found out, but there is no way I can explain it to anyone. Don't worry, someone cleverer will help you. There is a sticky thread about it. Look there.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Here's the simplest way I know: Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos.
This is how to add photos to your post using the site's photo album:
1.) Login

2.) Go to My Account (may have hit Home button first) and mouse down to Album.

3.) Choose Upload Picture (navigate to photo you've given a sensible name to), be sure to then hit Upload.

4.) Go back to Album, click on thumbnail to open full size image. Right click (Windows); Control Click (Mac) and select "copy image location" (its URL).

5.) Return to your reply window in the thread and click on the IMG button at the top of the compose window.

7.) Paste the image location into the window and click OK. (You can paste over the existing http://)
Images tend to be smaller than hosting site's size, but can be full sized if you remove the pixel limitation, (-600x360)— the numbers and the dash preceding, leaving no spaces, and ending in .jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
You must don a black smoking jacket at exactly midnight.
You must load a virgin cob with one pinch of Mixture 79 and one strand of the hair of your enemy.
You must face to the sacred city of Durham, North Carolina and state the following three times:
Polaroid Kodak Tobacco and Pipe

Grant me an image on forum I type
Light the pipe with a wooden match using your non-dominant hand.
When the char goes out, tap the pipe until empty on your forehead.
Post the multiple failed photo attempts on the forum.
Wait for jpmcwjr The Forum Photo Gods to turn that string of gibberish into a pretty picture.
Give thanks and continue on your path...
(or just do what jpmcwjr recommended) :nana:
We all suffered the same archaic learning curve. Now you're one of us!
jay-roger.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
You must don a black smoking jacket at exactly midnight.
You must load a virgin cob with one pinch of Mixture 79 and one strand of the hair of your enemy.
You must face to the sacred city of Durham, North Carolina and state the following three times:
Polaroid Kodak Tobacco and Pipe

Grant me an image on forum I type
Light the pipe with a wooden match using your non-dominant hand.
When the char goes out, tap the pipe until empty on your forehead.
Post the multiple failed photo attempts on the forum.
Wait for jpmcwjr The Forum Photo Gods to turn that string of gibberish into a pretty picture.
Give thanks and continue on your path...
(or just do what jpmcwjr recommended) [:nana:]
We all suffered the same archaic learning curve. Now you're one of us!

He's kidding. I tried this and it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.