Upgrade to iOS5

(8 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by undecagon
  • Latest reply from smokindawg
  1. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Trying to upgrade my iPhone 4 to iOS 5.....and it deleted everything to factory. I guess the idea is so you can just restore from backup afterwards....but for some stupid f**k reason my phone has never been able to run a successful backup (i've tried everything, and even the geniuses can't figure it out) so i'm stuck just doing a blind sync and hope all is well....

Thank goodness I have some JackKnife Plug to keep my cool.

"I said NO camels, that's FIVE camels...can't you count?!"
    AJHvibes.com
    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. cyndi

cyndi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck with that. Shaun and I need to upgrade our iPads and since we use the same computer for both tablets (I refuse to let iTunes anywhere near my machines) and that normally mashes our apps together. Fun, fun!

Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back! Wife or no, you are no one's property to be tossed aside. You got the right same as anyone to live and try to kill people.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I upgraded my iPhone with no problems at all. I got lucky, from what I have been hearing your problem is wide spred.

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. bootlegbonvivant

bootlegbonvivant

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah...I need to start the update. I'm just not in the mood to mess with it.

Southerners don't talk slow because they're dumb, we do it because there's really no rush.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  5. marmal4de

marmal4de

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I upgraded my iPhone 4 my woman's iPhone 3GS, and both if our iPad 2s with no problems.

In a society that has destroyed all adventure, the only adventure left is to destroy that society.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    Posted 7 years ago #
  6. lordnoble

lordnoble

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have no need for this iOS5 business. Nor do I need this Lion crap. Snow Leopard is fine for me. iCloud? I'll make my own with a few bowls of Blue Mountain.

undecagon- Sorry to hear your iPhone upgrade din't go well... Hope it works out for you.

-Jason

The preceding statement is not to be construed as fact, but merely conjecture.

Proud member of the BlackBlood Society
    Posted 7 years ago #
  7. juni

juni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My iPad 2 updated without any problems. I like the new gestures too.

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. smokindawg

smokindawg

Login to Send PM

The wife and I just took advantage of the free Iphone 3GS phones. Never had a smart phone and was wary of the 2 gig data plan. But so far, so good. I'm enjoying the phone much better than my old Eternity.

I did the upgrade while on the road working. I did this because I have dial up at home and didn't want to take forever doing the upgrade. It went flawlessly on both my phone and the wifes phone as well with no problems so far.

Steve: Pipemaker in Training!
    Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   alaskanpiper, workman, chilllucky, haparnold, pipebaum81, cigrmaster, jpmcwjr, davet, lightxmyfire, ashdigger, jfred, mso489