PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
One of my Weaver's is dedicated to it. Picked up a few pounds early in 2015. Good stuff!

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
That's awesome, I picked up a couple of 2015 tins, I'm not sure when it came out but man, with the exception of jackknife plug I haven't found a GL Pease blend that hasn't amazed me.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
IMO, Pease's blends are more immediately recognizable than any other marque due to their signature clarity, wherein each of the components "pop" on the palate, yet harmonize with each other. I think he elevates the craft to an art.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Temple Bar is the latest Pease blend (Plug) that really wowed me. If you’re liking Sixpence, I’m betting you’ll love Temple Bar as well! I love that he and C&D are giving a nod to the olde worlde plugs.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I love that he and C&D are giving a nod to the olde worlde plugs."
Hawky, with all due respect, as both of us are lovers of such plugs as Condor, Erinmore, Full Virginia Plug, Kendal Plug etc I fail to see how Temple Bar compares. It is an American plug and is in no way comparable to what you refer to as 'olde worlde plugs'.
Unless of course I'm missing something.
Regards,
Jay.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Yea Old worlde plugs look like squares of tar. American plugs look like Krumble Kakes, just don't try to crumble that plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.