PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atskywalker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2015
Canada
Hey there! I've been away from the forums and generally from the news for quite a while now. Just puffing away :). I'm sure there are a ton of threads about this already but for some reason I couldn't find anything recent.
Are we still on for a significant number of blends to disappear soon? Can someone give a quick and short update? Thanks!
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I believe that the date of threat has moved from 2018 to 2021, but the threat still exists.
If you google FDA deeming regulations, you're likely to find more info than you care to consume.
So, 3 more years to get your cellar in order....
jay-roger.jpg

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
I can’t speak on tobaccos, but can tell you this. The changes are a coming. I just ordered pipes from Castello. Shipped via Fed Ex. Got a call from Fed Ex. Now required on customs forms will be, material pipes are made from, and address of manufacturer. Not just the companies agent, but the actual factory physical address. This of course will now delay arrival of the pipes I have on the way by a few days. I suspect other sellers will have the same issues, until the shippers get on top of what is now needed on the forms.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Customs in the US always wants to know when woody stuff is coming in. Been that way for many years. I suspect most countries have that interest. Shouldn't delay shipments if the vendor properly fills out the customs forms before FedEx even picks up the package.
The reasons for such interest are many: Prohibited exotic woods, prohibited materials (certain Ivory being one), wood may contain bugs, etc.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Michael, AFAIK your problems with FedEx have nothing to do with the FDA and/or tobacco/pipe regulations. At present there are no FDA regulations pertaining to tobacco pipes.

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
woodsroad, Thanks for the clarification. The Fed Ex people told me it was due to the new rules set by FDA. It is the first time they have ever asked for the information in 10 years of buying pipes from Castello / Italy.
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

nukesimi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 25, 2016
Can we identify any elected officials that support our little hobby?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Can we identify any elected officials that support our little hobby?"
I doubt any would show their head above the parapet for fear of being deselected come election time.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.