PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
I haven't taken a shot of my cellar lately, so here's a "before" from about a year ago, and an "after" which is today:
TAD.jpg

This was my basic starter kit.
Tobacco%20Cellar%2003-28-16.jpg

This is my Va/VaPer/VaBur stash only. English/Orientals are in another cabinet (I only have maybe 30 tins) and aromatics are in another (maybe 15 tins or so).

Dec 28, 2015
Wow. I was feeling pretty good about the meager collection I was putting together in my cellar. Now I know I have work to do.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
Everything's relative gentlemen. There's plenty of cellars in this forum that put me to shame. If there's any lesson I can share to others it's this: Buy a tin of each thing you THINK you'll like before you start buying five, ten, or more of each tin. Sometimes I already knew the tobacco, sometimes I got lucky, and sometimes I got five tins and know I'll never open the next four. I think I'm finally at the point (knock on briar) that I've smoked almost every blend I've got.
But I haven't tried Semois yet. Or the Reiner Long Golden Flake. Or Opening Night. Or........dammit. I gotta go pop some tins!!!

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
Nice Job jmatt. All my stuff is stashed away in Tupperware bins. Hopefully when I move I'll be able to get something a little nicer to display my stockpile in my office. I love posts about tobacco cellars.
Are you preparing for the apocalypse??? That is an 'end of days' stash you have there! [:)]
HAHAHA...Stick around the forums more. While this cellar is a great one, that's nothing compared to what some people have locked away in their trove.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
When people start posting pictures of their bomb shelters with specialized smoking rooms and tobacco caches, then we know the pipe smoking and prepper subcultures will have crossed over.
Might be a good thing, actually....

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
HAHAHA...Stick around the forums more. While this cellar is a great one, that's nothing compared to what some people have locked away in their trove.

What derfargin said!
To put it in perspective, I have about 35 pounds. A number of guys have 100-150 pounds. And one famous member here has at least 675 pounds stocked up.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
Very nice. You get a 9/10 from the Canadian judge. You lost a point for the semois.

As if on cue, the 675 pound gorilla enters the room.
Can I get part of that point back if I've not yet tried Semois? Regardless - I'll take those 9 points any day!

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
The idea to garner so much tobacco for ones own use is idiotic to me. You might be dead before You get to smoke all that you have!!
Jon :puffpipe:

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
My wife and kid have instructions - I just added 4etecjonathan to the non donation list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.