PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Some of you may recall my troubles when I purchased a new Peterson Rosslare 120 and discovered (after I smoked it) that the bowl was cut crooked.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/a-new-peterson—was-i-expecting-too-much
I decided to send it back for repair. Here's what happened...
I sent it back to Peterson and also asked them to fix the stem as it was too tight and had actually cracked the stem (more of a twist crack than a full-on split).
I actually expected that they would just replace the entire pipe, but instead they repaired it and the sanded the stem. The pipe came back and while they did a great job, I was surprised that they didn't replace the stem since the tenon was weakened. So I decided to email the top man himself, Tom Palmer (Managing Director).
Part of me wasn't expecting a response (I am a pessimist by nature) - but he not only responded, but did so within 15 minutes of my email! And this was late in the day Ireland time, for all I know he was on his way home from work.
Very impressed.
Anyway, he graciously apologized, but said that I would have to send it back a second time to fit a new stem. Soooo - after some consideration, I decided to do just that. It came back only the other day and included with my pipe was a new leather carry bag (to make up for my trouble).
I am now smoking my "new" Peterson Rosslare and it smokes beautifully. The pipe is a stunner and the bowl is incredibly thick.
All in all, I have to say that I am very impressed with Peterson's pipes and the company...
peterson_rosslare_royal_irish_120_01.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That speaks volumes about the Peterson Pipe company, I am impressed and pleased for your good outcome. Those Rosslare's sure are beautiful and yours is a shining example.

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
Thats good stuff, and a nice pipe. Its good to know that there are still people out there in the world that still take pride in their work and things they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.