PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
I finally was able to talk with Frank this afternoon, and he seems to slowly be getting better, but he still has a way to go before he’s back home. He said in the past few days his lower back pain has eased some, but that he is still in pain. He said his doctors have told him he has some serious infections, so much so that he seems to be always being given some medication.
He also mentioned that his doctors have started talking of moving him to a nursing home for continued recovery, which would seem to be a positive sign. He has been bedridden since he was first hospitalized, which I think is roughly three weeks. So moving to a nursing home would be so that he can regian and rebuild his strength, and to get him mobile again, and maybe see how steady he is on his feet. He’s looking forward to getting a new walker.
We talked for close to 15 minutes, compared with just over 9 minutes last time. And while I did most of the talking last time, this time Frank did the majority of the talking, and volunteered information without me asking questions. Of course he’s weak, and his voice reflects that, but he does sound stronger and less confused this time. I gave him my phone number, and asked him to give it to his caregiver, in the hope that his caregiver will call me with Frank's number in the nursing home, so I can keep in touch with him. BTW, I did tell him everyone is thinking of, and pulling for him. He really appreciated hearing that.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Thanks for the update tiltjlp. You know, it may sound dumb, but, I log onto this site everyday. I notice when members are not present and, to me, everyone on here is like family. This is the first forum I have ever belonged to and I worry about people when I dont see them for a while.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
John! Thanks so much for the update. Hoping and praying for Frank's speedy recovery, and so grateful that you took the time to chat with him.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Glad to hear Frank is on the mend. I hope he recovers quickly and can start smoking again!
-Jason

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
I talked with Frank again this afternoon, who has been missing since October 5th. He sounded stronger still, and is hoping to be moved to a nursing home sometime this week. He said he's usually in less pain, but of course, having been confined to a bed for 3 1/2 weeks, he is both restless and tired. He said his kidney function is improved, and it seemed like his spirits are somewhat better too. He really does appreciate all the good thoughts and well wishes, and hopes he'll be back online before too much longer.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
John,

Thanks for taking the time to encourage Frank and keep us updated. I am sure we all appreciate your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.