PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilly65

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2018
I am led to believe there is an effort to make it easier to post photos. I do not post photos since I find it requires too much effort. It would be so easy to post photos similar to the method on Facebook.
No hates please, just would like it easier to post photos as I can do on other forums (not just pipe related).
Mike

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It takes me longer to log into the site than it does to post a photo.
maxresdefault.jpg

chilly65

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2018
Embers, it takes less than 5 seconds to log in. Can you please share with me how you can post a photo that quickly? I have read all the posts about how to post, but I still find it cumbersome. I just want to post a photo from my PC and not have to post it on some other site and then post here.
Mike

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
It is a real issue. Agreed. Are use Imgur, But there are many other forums where it is much easier to post pictures directly.
I understand the new upgrade, which is coming very soon, will make picture posting easier. Hopefully this won’t be an issue going forward.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I just use the forum album with no issues and my only internet access is a phone.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I understand the new upgrade, which is coming very soon, will make picture posting easier. Hopefully this won’t be an issue going forward.
The new forum software will have an "Imagine what you want to do and the code will be created" feature. Meaning no more keyboard, mouse, or etc. will be needed to use the site. Just visualization. "Electronic telekinesis" is a good way to think of it. Cool, huh? I can't wait! :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
So I just took this picture at work, uploaded and posted it in under a minute.
20190625_213507.jpg

Would have taken less time but I'm chasing machines. :mrgreen:

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I just want to post a photo from my PC and not have to post it on some other site and then post here.
No matter how streamlined the method, posting the image to a hosting site is always part of the pipeline. That much will not change. Drag and drop would be great, but it will still involve your image being copied to another site. PM's current system is a little bit involved, but it only took me a few minutes to figure it out. Mostly I use imgur since it's simple to upload and will automatically format my images so I can just paste them into the reply window.

Jan 8, 2013
Right click on the image URL (copy) click the IMG button and then right click and paste, enter and photo is posted. For photos that are on your computer, you first need to upload those to a photo hosting sight such as Imgur, or the one under your account here.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I have the same problem as Olkofri

It only happens on this site,it seems to randomly log me out even though remember me is ticked

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I have tried following the instructions on posting photos using the forum album. Although I post the link, the photos didn’t appear.
I was wondering if it is harder to post photos using an iPhone.
Can’t wait for this to become with the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.