PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradley

Lurker
Aug 8, 2019
Being a tobacco user for a few decades, I decided to give the pipe another go at it. I had a few of my older drug store pipes and bought a MM cob pipe. Again, I tried blends from the jars at the local "head-shop." The tongue bite and aftertaste was the same as previous attempts. I did some reading here and other sites, which led me to ordering a quality pipe and a few tins of premium tobacco. For a pipe I bought a Danbark. For my tobacco choices, I decided on Davidhoff's Danish blend, Peterson's Perfect Plug, and Dunhill's Ready Rubbed. The Dunhill was a fantastic smoke in the Danbark. I couldn't believe the difference in the quality of the tobacco, which led to a very relaxing, enjoyable smoking experience. The cost of the premium tobacco is minimal, but the quality is definitely noticeable. My advice to new pipe smokers, get yourself the better tobaccos and pipes. I find myself now looking forward to my pipe and I'm excited to have so many different quality tobaccos to try.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Over the past thirty years I've gravitated more away from artisan pieces and more to cobs. Had to look up Danbark. Not bad looking pipes at all.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard.Take your time exploring what's available. Many good pipes and blends out there at most price levels. Missouri Meerschaum cobs are especially good, and I don't mind spending a little more for the ones with Vulcanite or acrylic stems, since I would buy permanent stem replacements anyway, and this ends up costing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.