PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
How many tins do you have of blends you have not tried yet? I always keep 1 or 2. Just like the idea of something new when ever the mood may hit. Just noticed though that at the moment I have 12. So how about you?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Untried blends comprise a significant part of my on hand stock, maybe 40 or so tins.

If the tin descriptions sound like something I would probably enjoy I buy them and stash them for a rainy day.

Aug 1, 2012
18 blends in 23 tins that I haven't tried. That doesn't include the 7 bulks I have jarred that I haven't yet tried.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
If I had to guess, at least 30. Most of my orders I try to order different blends along with 1-2 of my standbys. If the supply ever gets cut off, I still want to be able to enjoy trying new pipe tobaccos for a little while anyways.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
4. One of which is H&H Blackhouse. I have wanted to try it for so long but i just don't want to open another tin, I have 12 tins open at the moment and i'm struggling(not like that's a bad thing)to finish up some of those first.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have 0 untried tins. If I think I want to try a new blend, I buy one tin open it and then see if it is something I want to cellar. I don't want to have untried tins around and then find out I love the blend and then the prices go up and I am stuck. Besides I am like a little kid, when I get something new I have to open it as soon as I get it.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
About 6. One of which, is Escudo. I'm waiting for the perfect time to try it.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
0. Untried tins are not safe in my house. When an order arrives with an untried tin, I open it the next day and smoke only that tin for a few days until I feel that I understand the tobacco. I only have unopened tins of things I know I like.

aikatal

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2013
None. My tobacco budget is a bit restricted, so whatever tobacco I buy, I buy to smoke. Occasionally I have the luxury of cellaring some, but that's always tobacco I've tried before and like. When I buy something new to me, I buy it with the intention of at least trying a bowlful right away. I don't have the patience or fortitude to wait. :D

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
None. All my tins are of blends I love. I tend to find a handfull of tobaccos and then smoke them for years and years. I enjoy a simplified menu. Know what I like, and then just store pounds and pounds of it away. Prefer to go deep rather than wide. Don't play the field all that much.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Question: Cellar deep or wide?
Answer: All of the above. I need to check the 'puter, but there are several hundred tins sitting, awaiting evaluation for inclusion into the Top100 Cellar, which I'm thinking needs resetting to 200.
hp

les

Status
Not open for further replies.