PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
I caught the chance for a road trip to Bowlingreen,KY. today.I stoped by Bowlingreen Pipe & Cigar.Setting in the back of the display was a huge Preben Holm.The Markings on the pipe read as follows...Preben Holm,Fancy, Private Collection, A, 101,Hand Made In Denmark..Also has Preben Holm Signature on the stem.The B&M,said they had had it for a long while.A friend of mine purchased $600.00 worth of cigars,so I started my haggle on the pipe,lol.After telling the B&M ,that had I not brought my friend,he would have not made that big of sell.We came to an agreement on the new Holm,and a new Stanwell Zebrano.I normally buy estates but today,I had to go unsmoked.

004-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I say you did really well. Preben Holm Signature ESTATE pipes are going for $150 and up. 2 great pipes for $200 sounds like a bargain for your selection.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
The Preben Private Collection is fantastic. As you know, that series was his HIGHEST grade of pipes. To find one unsmoked is a treasure. You will soon find out that your bargaining skills will pay you back handsomely if you decide to part with that piece. Thanks for sharing.

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Well done and that's a bargin for what you paid. Finish off all that WT 101 and let's talk about a trade. :wink:

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
The Preben alone is worth more than you paid. Wile I've seen and had some very nice Preben's that has to be one of the best looking ones I've seen and it's a real beauty.......... You can't beat a Stanwell and you can now consider it a pretty much freeby pipe.
Congratulations on two very fine pipes.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
I've been thinking more about fullbent's pipe...no, strike that...pining for fullbent's pipe is a better description. I yearn for it. :evil:
Anywhoo...just think how much harder it is getting these days to find a 30 year old masterpiece like that unsmoked!
Its as if he went into the store in 1980, not 2011. I'm talking about a time machine!!
You've got the board's two biggest Holm freaks seriously excited. jcsnaps is freakier than me, but we're big time Holm lovers. Your find gives us hope.
We may stumble across one of these unsmoked beauties one day.
If we do, I'm takin' jcsnaps out.
Just sayin'. :twisted:

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Thanks guys, after bringing it home I didn't have the heart to smoke it, I've had several, already trying to buy it... I hate to let her go, but I guess everyone has their price. :P

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
fullbent, Don't let it go cheap, unless you want to sell it to me. :D This is a picture of my unsmoked Private Collection 202 with the original Holm tamp. Mluag :nana:
img_1601-600x450.jpg

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Ok,guys...If this is really a steal,I have the opportunity to by several more Preben Holm,Unsmoked around the same price range...Do you guys think it is a good investment?In other words,...Is there money to be made..Thanks again gents

Status
Not open for further replies.