PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
Usually I get estates that have been well smoked and fix them up. This time is a rare occurrence in that my new pipe is unsmoked. Some of you may remember my post about my wonderful wifey. She bought me this pipe and I expected to see it many months down the road. Turns out that she gave it to me Tuesday because we hit a milestone in our exercise programs. It's a real beauty. A Fribourg And Treyer Straight Grain that has to be one of the prettiest pipes I have seen. Here she is.
fandt1-600x450.jpg

fandt2-600x450.jpg

fandt3-600x450.jpg

fandt4-600x450.jpg

It's my first true straight grain pipe and I can't wait to break it in.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Very elegant looking Prince. :clap:

Beautiful straight grain, too.

What will you use to break it in? How about Cut Virginia Plug?

Aug 1, 2012
If I had CVP, I would do so Cortez. This pipe just screams flake to me so I'll probably break into a tin of Astley's No. 44 for it. Failing that, I have a few McClelland flakes I may use.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Very elegant. I love the color. From the look of her, she'll be a great flake burner, but since she's English, she'd make a great pipe for English blends as well.

Aug 1, 2012
Thanks guys. Had the same flake vs English thought and so far have settled on the flake...for now.
I am not sure it is good to leave a pipe in an unsmoked condition.
I believe that is the case and will take appropriate action this weekend.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
What a great way to celebrate your achievement. You rarely get to light an unsmoked estate, so savor that first bowl! An F&T was a great choice.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
What a great looking prince, hope it is a great smoker for you. I think Astleys 44 is a great choice for it. Let us know how she smokes for you, congrats.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That is a very fine pipe, and a fine woman to boot. Smoke something she likes and dedicate it to her!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's one of the prettiest prince shape pipes I've seen. I have a Sav Oscar Lucite prince I dearly love, especially the color.

But this one of yours is really distinctive and one-of-a-kind. Great you bought it as an unsmoked estate pipe. That's

always exciting, to find a vintage pipe in new condition. I think it has benefit from "aging," dried out even more, and even

more seasoned. Happy smoking! And, I think, the gift pipes, especially from one's spouse, are the best. I always think of

that when I smoke mine. They just have a special status.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is a great looking prince. She picked a winner Dave. Congrats on the pipe and exercise goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.