PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I few days ago I snagged four unopened tins of Prince Albert. I was just looking for the tins themselves for everyday baccy transport, but having them filled was a bonus. The fact they have barcodes puts them around the 70's or 80's. I've opened one, and although the tobacco is predictably dry and crackly near the top, the inside seems to still be about as moist as a fresh tin of GL Pease. There are some oxidation spots in the wrapper, but a bit of rust isn't a big deal.

Should I rehydrate and smoke? Or store as a momento of time gone by?

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I have one of those tins with a nice looking sleeve of tobacco and a 29 cent price sticker. It's well before barcode, but the address on the sleeve does have a zip code, so it's no earlier then 1963. It says the "offer expires in 1975" on the paper sleeve.
img_0721-600x400.jpg

img_0720-600x400.jpg

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
Mine says "while supplies last" I suppose they're out by now? :lol:

Would be pretty funny to send off for the pipe and see what happens.

Upon closer inspection, the copyright on the paper is 1985. So I was about two years old when that tin was packaged.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
If you have 4 tins, open 1 and save the other 3. I bought an unopened tin of PA a few years ago. I opened it, hydrated it and smoked it. It was very bland.

Status
Not open for further replies.