PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
I was sitting in a motel bar in Arkansas reading a book on my iPad, drinking a beer, and enjoying a bowl of Irish Aromatic when I saw a fellow a few stools down lighting a pipe. I approached and asked about his pipe.
It was a home made pipe he had made from Corian and looked really cool. the stem is made from a ballpoint pen. I asked to buy one if he had any others, but he didn't.
0d2bc8e0.jpg

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
That is pretty cool. Though I would caution against smoking it in public. Might get confused with smoking the "other" leaf.
I wonder how hot it gets or if it gives off any unwanted chemicals. Correct me if am wrong but isn't Corian a type of plastic?

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
From Wikipedia:
Corian is the brand name for a solid surface material created by DuPont. It is composed of acrylic polymer and alumina trihydrate. Corian can be thermoformed by heating it to 300°F (150°C), allowing unique shapes to be created. Its primary use is in kitchen countertops, bathroom vanity tops, and wall cladding in showers.
Seems it can take the heat of tobacco no problem.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Anywhere else, I'd be surprised. But not in Hope Arkansas!

I've made pipes from Bic pens in the far distant past, but it wasnt for puffing Cornell & Diehl.

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
When I used to make pipes from ballpoint pens, mountain dew bottles and parts of soda cans,pipe fittings tubing, etc, It surely wasn't for tobacco (no ominous powders or crystals. only another leaf from the earth). Ah, wasted youth. If I had only used my powers for good, I would have been a millionaire by now :lol:

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
I've made pipes out of all manner of stuff but like lonestar, I weren't smoking Cornell & Diehl. Weren't smoking no damned white powders either. :)

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Sigh, how absolutely wonderful it would be to light anything up in a bar, even outside of one in a beer garden would be fine and dandy.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
I've made pipes out of all manner of stuff but like lonestar, I weren't smoking Cornell & Diehl. Weren't smoking no damned white powders either

+1

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
composed of acrylic polymer and alumina trihydrate.
Nice pipe. But, I know what goes into thoughs chemicals. (I work with them everyday) Dont think I would want to smoke it. He'd be better off getting a MM cob. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.