PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thought this might spark some interesting discussions... :puffy:
Astronaut Edgar Mitchell is well known for saying that UFOs are not only real, but gov'ts around the world have established contact with them for some time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2j6vkKgxLo&feature=youtu.be&t=3m7s
Edgar Mitchell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Mitchell

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Jackie Gleason was a believer also. In fact, he claimed that Nixon picked him up one day and took him sightseeing where they keep the craft.
Believe or not, but when I was a kid (55 years ago) I saw a hugh, dark disk hovering at treetop height and poof, it was gone. Six other kids saw it too. We all believe.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That is fascinating plateauguy. I also know for certain that they are real and that they've been here for quite some time.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Something that big could never be kept secret because someone would talk...like a retired astronaut, or someone like that.
Oh...uh...wait a minute...

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
They killed this guy to keep it quiet . http://www.8newsnow.com/story/3373771/bob-lazar-the-man-behind-element-115
spock.gif

Personally I think Mitchell and others like Nick Pope are "advance men", i.e. they have permission to discuss these things out in the open in order to prepare people...
The thing I find interesting is both Reagan and more recently, Bill Clinton, have suggested that the human race would "come together" if some evil alien force threatened the world. Now assuming that they know all about UFOs, what exactly are they preparing us for?
The plot thickens... :puffy:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
The universe is huge -We cannot be the only ones. I truly believe that. Have they visited us? Crashed a ship? I kind of doubt it. I think they very well may be keeping an eye on us Earthlings but we have a lot of growing up to do before it would make it worth any alien race's time to involve us in anything.
It is interesting though. I love conspiracy theories.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Oh dear...Although I don't doubt that somewhere in the universe there could be advance life, I am certain that it has not reached earth. Also, there is an AMAZING coincidence that every person who claims to have a big story about ufos/ghosts/bigfoot also has a book available now! at all fine retailers near you!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Although I don't doubt that somewhere in the universe there could be advance life, I am certain that it has not reached earth.
Don't be so sure. Look up Nick Pope, 20 years with MoD. He's the *unofficial* voice of the MoD on UFOs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaGCw8ezYkw
I realize that you don't know me (or plateauguy), but there are people who know (for certain) that UFOs are not only real, but that the truth about them is even stranger than fiction. You'd never believe how I came to know.
No doubt when the truth comes out, many will be shocked - and yet I have no doubt that this official version of the "truth" will not even cover 10% of the actual story.

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Not to sound combative Numbersix but if you had irrefutable proof that alien life does/did exist on earth, why wouldn't you tell the media and public? And for that matter, why wouldn't anyone else who had proof do the same?
The token hollywood answers are "the govt would kill me" or "humanity isn't ready yet". But nobody saying that has ever come forward with real evidence before, only vague and uncorroborated stories or a shaky video of lights that proves nothing. If someday the earth did make contact with aliens in a covert (for some reason) way, the person able to prove their existence would be held in history as one of the most important people of all time.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Not to sound combative Numbersix but if you had irrefutable proof that alien life does/did exist on earth, why wouldn't you tell the media and public? And for that matter, why wouldn't anyone else who had proof do the same?
No worries latbomber - I only posted this thread to get some stimulating conversations going. The irrefutable proof I have is for me and me only - I cannot prove it to you or anyone. That's the way it is for some.
However, if you did your own investigations, you'd be hard pressed not to come to the conclusion that something is likely out there.
I was never 100% convinced until a personal experience, however, I was open minded to the idea. I recall watching an interview about 30 years or more ago with 6 police officers (and their dispatcher) from Ohio that all experienced a close encounter (each one was a close up eyewitness of a saucer that zipped from one part of the town to another).
Now I will admit, at the time I wasn't 100% convinced because it was possible they all conspired to make up a story - but that possibility seemed remote. Now I am fortunate enough to actually know for certain that "they" are out there.
Nevertheless, I have no trouble with skeptics. I agree that no one should "believe" in something that hasn't been proven beyond all doubt.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Nobody has ever stepped up with any kind of verifiable proof about aliens. Heck, they haven't even posed a reasonable explanation as to why they stay hidden. Well, other than they might have adopted Star Fleet's Prime Directive.
And I can't wait to hear about their FTL engine.
The greater the claim the greater the proof required.

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Fair enough numbersix, nothing wrong with a good conversation over a pipe.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Right on yabo. I like how it touches on how society is going to react once the cat is out of the bag.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Why do their crafts have to be in the shape of a saucer? Why not a hexagon or rocket shape or hell, a hippopotamus for that matter?!
Just food for thought...

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Why do their crafts have to be in the shape of a saucer? Why not a hexagon or rocket shape or hell, a hippopotamus for that matter?!
Actually - they come in a variety of shapes. Here's a reported ship (a rod shape, also quite common) seen over Ukraine. Is it real? I don't know, it's pretty easy to fake these things these days—but ships are often reported in places of turmoil and not all are saucer shaped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG76xkW5adI
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/17/cigar-shaped-ufo-over-ukraine_n_4951655.html

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I like my UFO's to be in the shape of a tuxedo t-shirt because it says "i'm classy, but i'm here to party".

Status
Not open for further replies.