PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2014
Weyers Cave, VA
When growing up in the 60s I had a friend who bought unfinished pipes from somewhere. They would become really beautiful after smoking for a while. Are unfinished pipes available anywhere today?
I would appreciate any help!
Thanks,
Larry

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Lots of brands sell unstained versions of their pipes IE Nording, Ascorti, Radice, and ive seen Castellos also.
Also you can find Unsmoked estates that are unfinished on ebay every now and then. I am currently selling a batch of unfinished Trypis pipes there myself.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Yep, lots of em'! The most affordable are probably Nording's "Signature Series" pipes. Nordings are great pipes, and smoke well above their price point. Give one a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed!
Welcome aboard by the way!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Both of my unfinished pipes (now decades old and a beautiful honey brown) are Savenelli's, one a second,

a trim straight billiard, and one stamped, a slightly bent zulu. They smoke like a dream and are not filtered,

a big plus in my opinion. Cup O Joes has a good selection of unfinished Sav's for $44. A few are a little

more. I highly recommend an unfinished pipe for anyone who hasn't had the experience of smoking one.

In a sense you and the pipe do the "finishing."

Status
Not open for further replies.