PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd50

Might Stick Around
Nov 21, 2013
My brand new Sasieni walnut arrived today from P & C, and while happy with the very fast shipping time, I quickly noticed something that concerned me. In the bowl the black coating is very uneven...like someone literally tried to scrape the sides....imagine a car being keyed, that type of scraping. The coating is also completely absent on the bottom of the bowl.
Has anyone come across anything like this before? I've had coating in all my Grabows and Bjarnes and it has always been even, so it definitely feels like a flaw.

peter70

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2013
It looks, as if somebody tried to remove the coating, but stopped in the middle. You could finish the job, or send the pipe back. Your call.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I'm surprised. P&C is better than that. I think they'd replace it for you promptly. Probably no one checked it out in the box before shipping it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I would just use fine sandpaper to smooth it out or (more likely) remove it.

You could, of course, just smoke it. It'll even out in the long run anyway.

Sasienis must be pretty good smokers. I have two and they're both good performers.

dd50

Might Stick Around
Nov 21, 2013
Thanks for the feedback.....was thinking about just smoking it, but am definitely going to have them send another one, the "scratchiness" of the inside of the bowl is what concerns me.....if my $30 factory pipes never had this problem, definitely shouldn't be in a $100 pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.