UNBELIEVABLE an early 1900 Alfred Dunhill Humidor pipe rack!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnylong

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
This is truly unique, an Early 1900 ALFRED DUNHILL Tobacco HUMIDOR PIPE HOLDER Rack with Mixed Metals and its Signed.
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

AND it can be YOURS ...... for a mere $999.00 I would buy it, however I do not have the cash for it. :crying:

ALFRED DUNHILL Tobacco HUMIDOR PIPE HOLDER ebay

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
The seller describe it "in excellent condition" despite "one small minor ding at bottom edge front left metal strap, missing three pins/washers on the bottom base only, [and] light interior corrosion...".
I certainly wouldn't spend a grand on it without some more provenance to support it being from Dunhill.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
A lot of genuine Dunhill racks and humidors (sold by Dunhill, not necessary made by Dunhill) were simply affixed with a sticker saying "Dunhill." You really have to know your stuff to be sure what you're buying.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
It's a gorgeous piece of work, regardless of its actual age or authenticity.
I know nothing about this kind of piece -- had no idea Dunhill even produced anything as elaborate as this -- but it would be nice to see it featured in an historical ad or a catalog or some kind of Dunhill promotion/sales piece that establishes its heritage.
It's also possible that this was a special order and not something produced in any quantity.
Bob

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Good lord, that's absolutely hideous. Who on earth would commission that to be made?

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
If your home is your castle, I imagine it would fit the bill. Not sure anyone would be into it for a thousand dollars though.
I second the notion it was likely a custom piece for a William Gillette type.

Aug 14, 2012
Personally, though strange, this stuff is just a bunch of junk to me. I have no interest in the historical value of things and the humidor is ugly, though the marble rack is fascinating. Not for pipes, but because it is inspirational about what may be done with scrap pieces of marble. When I carved marble I just shoveled up the scraps and discarded them. That was wasteful.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Those things are out of control and definitely not something I would buy. Pretty cool I guess if you're into those sort of things. Just give me some walnut Decatur and I'm set.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
If your home is your castle, I imagine it would fit the bill.
Things were different back then.
In today's world I'd rather use the Grand to fill up my cellar with fine tobacco an a bevy of beautiful pipes!

Status
Not open for further replies.