PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
I think Cain Velasquez is going to have some trouble dealing with Junior dos Santos consistent punching power and sprawling ability. If Kongo can stun Cain I'm sure Junior can, with more power and so I give dos Santos the win by TKO sometime after the second round, probably third.
The other fight I'm interested in is Clay Guida vs. Benson Henderson. I think Henderson can match Guida's pace but besides Guida's dirty boxing and grind I can't see him winning by anything but a JD. Henderson on the other hand has a solid stand up and should be able to throw some kicks standing to score and avoid takedowns. Based on his last performances I think Henderson will take it, he looks to be back in fighting form after the loss to "Showtime" and should be able to keep this fight on the feet to punish Clay.
I've been wrong before and often am...that's why I never bet.

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
I rarely bet on these things for the same reason. I'm usually wrong. :rofl:
I hope you are correct about dos Santos and Velasquez. I've nothing against Cain but I like dos Santos and believe he has a bit of an edge. I do expect this one to end via stoppage.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
hope i get back from deer hunting in time to watch the fights.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I never could watch people hit each other with the intent of doing physical damage to each other to show superiority. :crazy:
from wiki:

Knocking a person unconscious or even causing concussion may cause permanent brain damage.[27] There is no clear division between the force required to knock a person out and the force likely to kill a person. Since 1980, more than 200 amateur boxers, professional boxers and Toughman fighters have died as the result of ring or training injuries :cry:

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
...but you don't mind having that avatar? That's abuse of a different kind and one of the reason I'm thinking about bolting from this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.