PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Gawith & Hoggarth have several twists that sound pretty good to me. Sweet Maple, Rum, Sweet Whiskey, Black Cherry, etc. Are there any fans of this these twists? What do you guys think?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I haven't had the G&H twists but have had the Gawith black and brown ropes. I forgot I had them and when I opened the tins they had unravelled. I'm trying to re-hydrate and then cut into smaller peices but the lesson here is careful storage once opened.

Good luck as they sound real nice.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I have smoked the GH Black Cherry, Sweet Whiskey, and Rum ropes. I like them, but don't smoke them very often. The flavorings are not strong at all on them, and you get a lot of tobacco flavor from them. They are strong tobaccos so be careful when smoking them for the first time.
You can see hot to prepare them in my article:
How to Prepare Rope & Twist Pipe Tobacco

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Bob, thanks for the video and the warning. I'll take it slow and easy. I just have to try a couple of these. When it comes to cigars, I've always preferred full bodied smokes like Joya de Nicaragua Antano. These twists sound very bold and flavorful!

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
If you enjoy JdN Antanos, then you shouldn't have a problem (strength wise) with ropes/twists.
I haven't had a JdN in quite some time. They used to be one of my favorite cigars. I think I am going to have to dig one out of the humi soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.