PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Russ got me with his sale on Stanwells. I ordered a Brushed Black Liverpool and a Brushed Brown Pot,

the one with the Dublin-like bowl. I ordered the Liverpool, with the stand for a buck. Love the Stanwell

32 bulldog I bought from SP. This is my first order with P&C. Free shipping is good. If you want a Stany,

I haven't seen them for less, and the selection is extensive, not every shape, but plenty to choose from,

especially in the brushed black, and the brims have a snappy wood stain finish. I'm mad with PAD.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Congrats on 2 great choices. Russ got me with the deal on Hilsons last month. P&C does know how to tempt a guy. The Crown Achievement pipes are also alluring. Enjoy your new pipes.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
No question about it--it's a great sale. I ordered a brushed black last month that has turned out to be a fine smoker, along with a bunch of tobacco. Tomorrow the order goes in for the C&D sale, and thanks to you, MSO, another Stanwell.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the emphasis on durability in the sales pitch, on the Black and Brown Brush pipes. It's what you really

want in a take-along pipe, and these are somewhat compact and reasonably light weight. I wanted another

pipe "in the Canadian family," that is long shanked, but I already have a good Canadian, so I opted for the

Liverpool. A pipe named after the Beatles' home city can't be all bad. That pot shape has always appealed

to me, and I have admired it by several makers, but this one looked especially smart with the contrasting

color and texture on the briar. If my bulldog 32 is any indication, the Italian Stanwells are in line with the

standards of quality in the Danish pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.