PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Foggy's beautiful creations have inspired me to share a couple sketches of mine. Hope you enjoy.
IMG_1504%2520%2528450x800%2529.jpg

This one was for a book though it didn't get in. It's inspired by the thinking man. I'm a Peterson nut!
IMG340%2520%25282%2529%2520%2528600x800%2529.jpg

This was for an application for a program at school. Thanks for looking and thank you Foggy for inspiring me to be more open with my other hobby.

Aug 14, 2012
Assaad: Nice work. You know I love watercolor. You never know we might have been cave painters in an earlier life. Maybe we even did a mural together. I hope other artists will share their work here.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
assaad if that is a self portrait it's incredible, if not it's still fantastic. I envy the talent of artists like you guys. Well done, and keep them coming. :clap:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have a hard time drawing conclusions let alone pictures. I really admire the talent of those who can capture things on canvas. Nice work, gents.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Assaad - nice work, thanks for sharing it.
Bradley - you're an artist as well? who knew?! Very nice.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Assaad, I really like the one of the guy with a pipe. I have been wanting to decorate my smoking room and enjoy seeing stuff like that.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very nice work. I never could draw at all, and admire that talent in anyone.
You never know we might have been cave painters in an earlier life.
The following quote is attributed to Picasso, although I don’t think it’s ever been verified that he actually said it:
"After Altamira, all is decadence." -- Pablo Picasso
A fascinating documentary on the beauty and mystery of prehistoric cave paintings is:
Cave of Forgotten Dreams
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1664894/

assaad

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2011
Thank you everyone!
Foggy, you never know!
Bradley (I hope you don't mind my use of your name), great work! I would hang that driftwood in my living room. I thought about pursuing it but after selling a couple works and looking into contemporary art I became very disillusioned. How about yourself?
Dhizzy, I would send it to you but I think it will be auctioned with a copy of the book at the Vancouver Pipe Club.
I rarely draw or paint lately but if I do I'll try to post more stuff.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Great work Assad and Bradley! I'll be coming out of the closet shortly here. I have to see where all my work is having just moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.