PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
I have acquired an absolutely fantastic smoker in this Savenelli Trevi Rusticated. I love this little guy! I also picked up the Brigham Algonquin 254 from a little shop in Kingston, Ontario. I'm going to have to slow it down for a bit...my wife has been pretty supportive so far but...
img_1330-600x450.jpg

img_1333-600x450.jpg

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Nice pipes. Let us know how they smoke. I'm curious about those Brigham's.
I've got to slow it down as well. My last Sav purchase had my wife complaining that I'm spending too much on my hobby. he he

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Nice pipes hemsworth.... Everyone's different of course, but my wife remains supportive as

long as I'm home when the mail man comes and I destroy all evidence of him knocking on the

door....

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Very nice pipes hemsworth - congrats!
my wife remains supportive as

long as I'm home when the mail man comes and I destroy all evidence of him knocking on the

door....
:rofl:

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
my wife remains supportive as

door....

:lol:
I'll have to try that! The Brigham also smokes well and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another but that Sav is just a step above. It feels great in the hand. They both have the wood filters (maple for the Brigham, balsa for the Sav) and so far I have left them in the pipes. I'll have to try without one day and see how much of a difference it actually makes.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another but that Sav is just a step above. It feels great in the hand. They both have the wood filters (maple for the Brigham, balsa for the Sav) and so far I have left them in the pipes.
I do have a Sav that accepts filters, but surprisingly, it doesn't need it at all. It was an inexpensive estate to start with and yet is one of my best smokers. It's my only Sav - hope to add more - but very impressed with it.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Both pipes are very nice looking, glad to hear you enjoy how they smoke. I would recommend trying both without the filters, I have had many filtered pipes over the years that smoked great with out them. I think you will notice a better draw and more flavor. Let us know what you think after trying it.

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
Thanks guys. I will try without the filter...hell, I'd love to try right now but I guess I should let it rest. Or should I...? Yeah...I really should...

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Nice! Where in Kingston did you pick it up, Smokers Haven on Wellington?

hemsworth

Might Stick Around
May 27, 2013
Nice! Where in Kingston did you pick it up, Smokers Haven on Wellington?
Yes, that's the place. He has a nice little shop there. Very decent selection of Cubans. Not a great selection of pipes and tobacco but some nice stuff. The owner seemed like a nice guy and his prices were really decent.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Both great pipes - I especially love that Savinelli - my favourite shape, and a great pipemaker.
Enjoy them both!

Status
Not open for further replies.