PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

heimedvw

Lurker
Aug 2, 2015
I thought I would post a pic's of the two new pipes I acquired recently. Both are by Musico. A maker that I know very little about. One thing could tell is that they are very high quality by the craftsmanship and detail. I would be willing to bet they are hand made.
v7whu1.jpg

heimedvw

Lurker
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks Flaneuse. It's actually a old fashioned lighter a match safe. :) I love to hunt and fish so it fits my personality.

Here is some history on Musico pipes. Courtesy SmokingPipes.com
"If you know Becker pipes, well, chances seem slim you wouldn't also know the name Musico. It was Giorgio Musico who, as an enthusiastic supporter of their work and as the manager of the Carmignani shop in Rome, bought up every pipe Fritz and Paolo Becker could bring him, from the time he first discovered the Beckers in 1979. Later would come both the Becker & Musico pipe shop (a hidden gem still found today on Via di San Vincenzo in Rome) and the Becker & Musico pipe. The latter was a result of collaboration between the son of Giorgio, Massimo Musico, and Paolo Becker, encouraged by Giorgio Musico's love of classic shapes. These were made in the back workshop of the Becker & Musico shop itself, which Massimo and Paolo also ran together.
In 2002, however, Paolo turned his focus to the creation and development of Becker pipes full-time, while Massimo continued to both run the Becker & Musico shop and create Becker & Musico briars. Without Paolo, production was much more limited; a solution came, however, with Foundation, the name stamped on the Musico pipes you'll find here. This again was created as a collaboration, but a broader one: Massimo, Giorgio, and a team of hand-picked Italian artisans (Gian Maria Gamboni was one you will surely recognize). That was the beginning of Foundation by Musico."
Cheers,

Chris :puffpipe:

heimedvw

Lurker
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks for the info Pipe monk. Yes both of the pipes are foundations. So that means that they were made post 2002?

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Those Musico (Foundation) pipes look great! I like the fact they do a lot of classic shapes. It's not easy finding new well-made straight classically shaped pipes with vulcanite stems, and I've seen a number of them by this maker. In fact, I've had a couple of them disappear from my wishlist recently. I hope they bring you many years of smoking pleasure.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Great looking pipes and I love the match case and leather pouch too. Very nice indeed!! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.