PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
First and foremost I have to say THANK YOU to www.smokingpipes.com for their work! Their restoration department cleaned these estates up marvelously. When I showed my fiance she thought they were brand new.
There really isn't anything wrong with them. The Rosslare XL02 was noted as being lightly used and the Ebony Killarney 80s had mentioning of rim darkening, but it's an ebony pipe so it's not too noticeable.
Here's a shot of the Rosslare bowl:
peterson-estates-002-600x449.jpg

Here's a shot of the Ebony Killarney bowl:
peterson-estates-003-600x399.jpg

Here are a few shots of the Rosslare XL02:
peterson-estates-004-524x600.jpg

peterson-estates-005-227x600.jpg

Here is a side shot of the Ebony Killarney 80s:
peterson-estates-011-600x361.jpg

Once again I just want to give a big thanks to the folks at smokingpipes.com. Don't pass up an estate from their site. They do a tremendous restoration job!

billypm

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2013
I have bought estates from them and will add my unconditional vote of confidence in them to yours!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
The fellow who performs the Peterson restorations for Smokingpipes.com is a member of this forum. He restored the last Peterson I bought from them, and he did a fantastic job.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Beautiful! I especially like that 80s - it looks like it could almost belong in the Sherlock Holmes series of Peterson's

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Had my first bowl in the Ebony Killarney 80s this morning and it was absolutely divine. Packed wonderfully, the bowl stayed pretty cool, and it didn't require many relights. The flavors also came out nicely and a little more pronounced that usual.

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
Both are great looking pipes, the Rosslare XL02 didn't happen to come from Smokingpipes did it, saw one in the estate section there about two weeks ago at a great price, if I would have had the funds at the time I would have grabbed it.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
How did I miss this at the time? Thank you for the kind words, glad you are able to enjoy those two Petes.
There are three of us upstairs at SPC restoring estates. I try to do most Petersons, lately it hasn't happened, I had to share with the others :lol:

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
RC all my estate pipes I retort except pipes from SPC, just got a Estate Garbe from your shop and man was it nice and clean, you all do excellent work, Take a Bow!

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
You know I've never really taken to ebony finish pipes, but that bent bulldog is really handsome. It looks much better in that photo then on the websites.
How does that ebony smoke?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats - those are two great looking pipes. And here's another vote for SmokingPipes. Their ratings on estates are completely honest and their restore work is well above par - so you can feel confident when buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.