PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
In between steps on another holster I'm working on made up a couple of new pipe stands. The acorn themed one is larger for this bent pipe and also my Storient the theme was just because I'm a nut! LOL The second is smaller and a geometric pattern I came up with as I went.
photo-20.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Great work, Greg! :clap: What a professional look!
Those stands are wonderful to use too! Handy on the desk or kitchen counter, yet they're portable.

... and thanks for taking the pix and posting them here. I guess you really couldn't do a "before" and "after" though. :lol:

cow.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Very nice work! Where do you source your retaining buttons?

I made two of them for my workshop and found that style is very handy. I fold one and stick it in my pipe bag for travel as well. Mine were just plain, stained leather, nothing like you made.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
... and thanks for taking the pix and posting them here. I guess you really couldn't do a "before" and "after" though.
:rofl:
Thanks guys. I have sold or given away all of the ones I've made so far. But I am going to TRY to hang on to at least one of these!
Al, I use snaps for my closures. I usually buy them from Tandy Leather but the sewing notions department at Walmart has them,'too, albeit a lesser variety/selection.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Al, I just remembered Hobby Lobby carries them, too. Might be closer for you to go by there? Here's what the package looks like:
photo-21.jpg

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
Nice work. I have a plain leather holder and use it often inside or outside when it is dry here (Oregon).

Status
Not open for further replies.