PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I wanted to share a couple new estate pipes I picked up. The top one is a Sasieni Pickwick I ended up with off eBay. The second is from a rack of estate pipes I picked up locally. Ironically, it is a Gatlin-Burlier house pipe from the b&m I posted about visiting recently. Both are cleaned up and ready but I've not smoked either yet. The house pipe is unsmoked, by the way, so I'm kind of looking forward to it especially.
photo1-12.jpg

There are more pics in this album if you are interested in seeing them a bit closer.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Al, I thought the same thing, that it looked like a GBD Tapestry.
Hawk, the left is what I referred to as the bottom, forgot I wasn't able to rotate the photo without distorting the image.
Julio, bulldogs are my favorite shape without a doubt.
herbinedave, the markings are:

SUPERIORE

ITALY

(this is stamped)

GATLIN-BURLIER

(this is very strong black lettering, possibly branded?)

photo1-13.jpg

All the nomenclature is on the same side of the shank and the stem has no markings. It would be great to figure out who the maker is. It has some real nice grain, IMO, and was a definite bonus to the rack I bought!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
They are made by lorenzetti I believe. When I went into that shop I asked who made them and if I remember correctly it was lorenzetti.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I don't know if you saw the pipes I showed in the video that I reamed out for my son but that house pipe looks almost exactly like the Lorenzo I showed. He did some research on it and thinks its possibly a Sav. When he saw this pipe he said he thought it was the same pipe (only in better shape LOL).
I'll have to look up lorenzetti; I'm not at all familiar with them.
Appreciate the input from you both!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
It could have been lorenzo. It was one of the 2. He said they have been using them for a really long time. Another tip, The guy there told me for a really long time they always said Gatlinburlier on them and then a few years ago it just said italy. Now they are suppose to say Gatlinburlier again but have always been made by the same company. It is one of the 2 I am positive. They are really close looking and he had a thick accent lol. I am positive the aren't savinelli.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I agree it wouldn't be a Savinelli, would be nice if it were … LOL
The house pipes they had in stock I didn't get a close enough look at to know if they are stamped with their name or not. The natural ones in the basket weren't as far as I recall.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
They might not have those in yet. I went about 2 or 3 weeks before you and he said they just worked out a deal to have the name put back one. Probably didn't have them in yet. I am positive it was either lorenzo or lorenzetti. Just confused because they are so close. Both make pretty good pipe from what I understand.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Smoked the Sasieni this morning and really enjoyed it. It's nice and light, "hangs" good, and smoked great. This is my second Sasieni, the other is a second, their "Longdon Made" line" and I really like them both. I may have found a brand to compete with my beloved Kaywoodies! Just one problem: I can't afford most of of the Sasieni's like I can a KW. :crying:

Status
Not open for further replies.