PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I commissioned Sas to make me a Dublin a few weeks ago in a group 5 size. He made two of them to see which one I liked better and since I couldn't decide, I had to get them both. I am very excited to get these because I have heard they are great smokers from a lot of people.

IMG_1772_zpse1036e361.jpg

IMG_1759_zps60e0452d.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Wow- those are real beauties. I have to go along with rothnh - the bigger bowl, stain, coloring, cumberland stem, nice!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys, it is appreciated.
Peck, no such thing as too many, as you well know. Hell you have double of what I have. lol You need to start a thread showing us a bunch.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Those are both very nice. Really like both of them and they should be good with VA's. What shape is the chamber, I wonder?
I've heard some smokers rave about conical bowls working well with VA's. My favorite VA pipe has a conical bowl and it just brings out the flavors in those tobaccos. Harris, what's your experience in that regard?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
pitchfork, I love my Dublins because they smoke flakes so well. I have more of those than any other shape in my collection, with these two I now have 11 out of 44 pipes. I find that the way the bowl narrows combined with the thick walls, makes for a flake smoking machine. I have other pipes that smoke flakes great as well, maybe it is the look also but I love my Dublins.
gray, sorry buddy but my babies are precious, so no leasing. Hell I only let my son smoke a few of my pipes, and he never touches the artisan ones.
Thanks for all the nice comments guys, it is appreciated.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The new pipes came in and I smoked the top one first. It smoked dry as a bone with no pipe cleaner needed. It was fairly cool considering there is no cake. The stem design is a little different than what I am used to but will get used to it I am sure. The button design is great, and the drilling is spot on. The bowl size is a nice group 5 and the pipe weighs only 44 grams, nice and light for clenching. The pipes look way better in person and I am very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.